Software Definable Network-Appliance™
The latest cutting-edge addition to the portfolio of Software Definable Networking Appliances, the SDNA-XCB-HRW, combines the capabilities of an “all WAN technology consuming” IP networking router, a 20 port Ethernet switch with 6 ports of 802.3at PoE, and an enterprise-class virtual machine server into a single Half Rack Width (HRW) appliance.
A single SDNA-XCB-HRW device can host a dozen or more Virtualized Networking Functions (VNFs) or virtualized application servers. VNFs can include IP routers, firewalls, certificate authorities, IDS/IPSs, Wi-Fi controllers, domain controllers, file servers, WAN acceleration VMs, RoIP media server VMs, and application server VMs, and many other virtualized appliances and servers. The SDNA-XCB-HRW also provides Ethernet port density and Power over Ethernet to rival dedicated Ethernet switches.
Scalability with Expeditionary Networking Kits
The SDNA-XCB-HRW is one of family of Half Rack Width appliances designed for use as standalone desktop appliances or within the Expeditionary Networking Kit (XNK) or the XNK–MINI Chassis Systems. The XNK-Mini is a carbon fiber VIP roller board case that is small enough to stow in an aircraft
Supports most commercial virtual machine hypervisors (VMware, Linux LVM, Xen, Hyper-V, virtual machine-based IP networking functions and application server technologies
Up to a 16 Core/32 Thread Intel Xeon processor/Up to 128GB of RAM/Up t0 16TB of NVME storage, capable of supporting MANY virtualized network functions or application servers running simultaneously
A single SDNA-XCB-HRW device can host a dozen or more VNFs or virtualized application servers.
- Most capable and versatile Software Definable Network–ApplianceTM
- Performs routing, switching, computing, and virtualization roles in a single, small, lightweight, low power
processor and memory robust appliance
- True enterprise-class performance, with 10 Gigabit and Gigabit interfaces and packet processing to match ◌ Toolless removable NVME SSD design
- Half Rack Width form factor (HRW) – Operates stand-alone as a desktop appliance, in Expeditionary Networking Kit (XNK) Chassis, or the XNK–MINI Chassis system (XNK-Mini is an FAA airline overhead compliant roller board case)
- Temperature responsive cooling fans, ensuring the quietest operation possible
- Additional product variants are:
- SDNA-XCB with (8) Ethernet interfaces – (2) 10G and (6) 1G interfaces
Other SDN Appliances Products:
A small, extremely rugged, and high-performance appliance with the processing power to simultaneously host multiple networking functions and application server virtual machines on its Intel Xeon® E3 processor.