Software Definable Network-Appliance™
The latest cutting-edge addition to the portfolio of Software Definable Network AppliancesTM, the SDNA-XCB, combines the capabilities of an “all WAN technology consuming” IP networking router, an 8 port Ethernet switch (with 4 802.3at PoE ports), and an enterprise-class virtual machine server into a single Expeditionary Communications (XC) form factor
A single SDNA-XCB device can host a dozen or more Virtualized Networking Functions (VNFs) or virtualized application servers. VNFs can include IP routers, firewalls, certificate authorities, IDS/IPSs, Wi-Fi controllers, domain controllers, file servers, WAN acceleration VMs, RoIP media server VMs, and application server VMs, and many other virtualized appliances and servers.
Scalability with Tactical Field Office
The SDNA-XCB is one of a family of Expeditionary Communications (XC) appliances designed for use as standalone desktop appliances or within the Expeditionary Networking Kit (XNK) or the XNK–MINI Chassis Systems. The XNK-Mini is a carbon fiber VIP roller board case that is small enough to stow in an aircraft overhead storage bin.
- Most capable and versatile Software Definable Network–ApplianceTM
- Performs routing, switching, computing, and virtualization roles in a single, small, lightweight, low power processor and memory robust appliance
- True enterprise-class performance, with 10 Gigabit and Gigabit interfaces and packet processing to match
- Toolless removable hard disk cartridge design
- Expeditionary Communications (XC) Form Factor – Operates stand-alone as a desktop appliance, in Expeditionary Networking Kit (XNK) Chassis, or the XNK–Mini Chassis system (XNK-Mini is an FAA airline overhead compliant roller board case)
- Temperature responsive cooling fans, ensuring the quietest operation possible
- Additional product variants are:
- SDNA-XCB-HRW with (20) Ethernet interfaces – (2) 10G and (18) 1Gnterfaces
Other SDN Appliances Products:
Software Definable Network Appliance (SDNA) Half Rack Width (HRW)
The SDNA-HRW is our highest performing SDN-A, featuring Intel® processors with Intel QuickAssist® Technology (QAT). Intel QAT significantly increases cryptographic performance by adding dedicated cryptographic acceleration hardware on the Intel Xeon CPU, supporting 20 Gbps and 50 Gbps AES encryption performance levels. By using the dedicated cryptographic acceleration logic, the balance of the Intel Xeon processor can be leveraged for software based Virtualized Networking Functions (VNF) or application servers.